Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Laddonia in the sun

Laddonia, Missouri.  North and east of Columbia in Audrain county.  I've posted a couple images from this town on the blog before, but both were in color and taken from somewhere down the street.  This one is one of my earliest images from Laddonia, but it is also in keeping with my recently rediscovered fascination with panoramic images of small town main streets.  This image epitomizes my quest.  From locals I garnered that the building in the middle was once a bank.  It provides a nice, visual fulcrum to the rest of the mass of this downtown block of buildings.  And the late afternoon sunlight raking across the surfaces was more than I could pass up.  I haven't been back to photograph in Laddonia since 2010, but I have a feeling it hasn't changed much.  And I mean that in the best way.

No comments:

Post a Comment