Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Winter trees from the Rocheport bluffs

I hiked out to the blufftops above Rocheport last week to see if I could find a view similar to the one I found there last April.  Even though I found the same spot, and photographed the same vista, without the pale green of early spring and the warm light of sunrise, it just wasn't as magic.  So I started working with the screen of oaks and hickories that I at first mistook for an impediment, and I decided that given the flat light of the winter morning, this image wasn't too bad.  It has a lot more to do with the repetition of the tree form, and the resulting variations and permutations thereof, than it has to do with color.  I'll post the image from last spring next time, to give you a taste of this location in the glorious fecundity of early spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment